Tuesday 1 September 2015

Please support me and spread the word

Hello again to all my readers, it’s a long time since I last posted, in fact we were in France in May.

We’ve been back in the UK for 3 months now, living in our Mortar home until we can find another tenant – more about that in a future post and hopefully we’ll be back on the road again very soon.

However I haven’t just sat back and been miserable at the thought of all this space to spread out in, being able to shower when you want and not having to hike (or bike) off to communal showers and not least the fact that I can do my washing, whenever I want and how many times I want without booking/queueing/paying for each load – oh and so much room in the wardrobe that I even took to hanging up pillow cases. Oh and much to Iain's delight, I’ve found out how to use an iron again.  

No, in my quest to keep my grey cells active (and hopefully a way to earn a bit of pocket money)  I’ve been busy with my latest venture and now I’m looking for your support and help to spread the word.

A couple of years ago I came up with the idea of combining my love of sewing and crafting with my computer skills (being an ex-programmer and just a little bit of a techie) and of course it had to be something that I could do anywhere and everywhere so The Wendy House was born. The name came from my name of course but when my niece was little I bought her a Wendy House for her birthday and she always called it her Auntie Wendy House and that has always brought back fond memories for me. So there it is The Wendy House.

It's taken a while for me to get it all up and running, My good friend Joy inspired me over the winter to get on with it and after a chance meeting with an artist in early August who thought it would be a great idea, that just gave me the push I needed.  Crafting stuff just leaves Iain cold - as Joy says "These men just don't get it" so it's nice to have someone people  bounce ideas around with.

So what is is?

Well it’s a website, from which you can get crafting and sewing tips and tutorials (mostly free) and a range of crafting and card making digital downloads for printing at home and making yourself.  I’m not going to embellish that any more as all that information is available on the website The Wendy House.

As time goes on I will be adding more crafting ideas, cards and other media.

My new affiliate designer is Ellie Sheffield, who under the name of Fizzy Fairy Paintings, creates beautiful water colour pictures of imps, fairies, dragons and suchlike and together we have created some cards that have been designed exclusively for The Wendy House. With the exception of the Fizzy Fairy Paintings products (where I have done all the computer stuff), the website and all the products, tips and tutorials are all my own work.

And today I’m pleased to announce that The Wendy House is released in all it’s glory

For my launch, Ellie has kindly donated an original water colour print, painted especially for the release,  which can be won in a free prize draw.

All you have to do to win this original painting is to sign up with The Wendy House to receive regular news and updates.

Here is the picture that Ellie has donated and it can also be purchased as a high-quality download of full A4 size, and as a  “Quick” card with a matching envelope.
impprodimage

The prize draw runs until 30th September 2015.

Please show your support of my venture by viewing my launch announcement , liking my Facebook page, sharing my page with all your social media contacts and asking them to share with their friends – you can do all that at a click of a button on my website. And if you want to be included in the prize draw then sign up to receive regular news by email (you can do this when viewing my launch announcement) .

Also if you know of anyone who might like to join me as a affiliate designer, someone who takes wonderful photographs that would be suitable to be turned into cards (I’ve got my eye on some of you already), or someone who loves crafting and can submit ideas to the site, please especially pass this onto them.

I hope you like my website and I would be delighted to receive any comments and feedback that you have.

Thank you for reading and promise I’ll be back soon with my travel blog.

See you soon.

Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Wendy 👍 U.S. Men may not have a clue, but we are pretty nosey so I will pop across to your site and have a gander 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eric, that's more than Mr Right has done!! Loved your post about the twins - sadly we will never be grandparents and would adopt some grandchildren, but it's difficult when you are not in one place to be consistent. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete